Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Babe in Arms

     I have created a blog that shall serve as a canvas upon which I can paint the portrait of a 26 year old male, who has yet to adopt the full responsibilities of adulthood. For years, both his actions and behaviors have rendered him undeserving of the label of "adult." No longer young enough to excuse his indiscretions by hiding behind adolescence, he struggles to become the man of distinction he believes he can one day be...
     More than likely I'll just be complaining about myself a lot. Follow along, won't you?
     I am 26 years old. You would consider me an adult. But what, exactly, does this mysterious word "adult" even mean? If one were to, perhaps, investigate the true meaning of the term using the most credible and incorruptible sources, i.e. Wikipedia, one would learn everything they needed to know about the word from the image offered:
     
"A group of adult people."


     I am not pictured above.

     What constitutes an adult? I believe it is, to an extent, all subjective. I hope that, in the entries to follow, I'm able to find out what it means to me, and to sculpt from this my ideal adult version of me. I also hope that, through my tribulations, you can figure it out, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment